How to make non contact voltage tester using CD4017 ic
In this project we learn How to make non contact voltage tester using CD4017 ic. if you have no idea witch wire is live wire so using this circuit you can easily find live wire. for making this project we need some components.
|non contact voltage tester using CD4017|
- CD4017 IC
- IC Base
- 3 Different Color LEDs
- 220ohm Resistor
- 9v Battery
- 9v Battery Clip
- PCB Board
- Small piece of Copper wire
- Soldering Wire
- Soldering Iron
in this project we use CD4017 ic. its has 16 pin.you can follow few steps and make voltage tester.
- Connect positive side of red LED with 1st number pin
Circuit diagram of non contact voltage tester using cd4017
- Now connect positive side of green LED with 2nd number pin
- Connect positive side of blue LED with 3rd number pin
- Now connect negative side of (red, green and blue) LED with each other.
- Connect 8,13 and 15 number pin with each other.
- Now connect 220ohm resistor with 15 number pin and negative side of LED.
- 16 Number pin use for Positive power. (+9v)
- 15 Number pin use for Negative power(-9v)
- Connect positive side of buzzer with 9 number pin
- Now connect negative side of buzzer with 8 number pin.
- Connect small piece of copper wire as a antenna with 14 number pin.
we learn it more better with watching video.
Video of non contact voltage tester using CD4017 ic:
Some basic question and answers.
What is a non contact AC voltage detector?
A non contact AC voltage detector is the combination of electronic components that use to detect AC live wire without touching any wire. its very safe way to detect live wire.
Can we detect DC voltage using non contact voltage tester?
No non contact voltage tester dose not detect DC voltage.
How we detect AC voltage using non contact voltage tester?
its very simple you don't need to touch any wire. simply close your tester of wire that you want to test if that wire is a live wire then lights blinking or on. that means that wire is a live wire. if no light on or blinking that means that wire is a ground wire. for more better understand simple watching our video.