Basic idea about resistor - What is resistorResistor is a two pin electrical component that control flow of current or create resistance in current flow. The different markings on the resistor represent different values.
|Resistor Color Code Chart|
How to read Resistor Color Code:
- The 1st and 2nd band represent resistor value.
- The 3rd band represent multiplier.
- And last 4th color gold and silver represent tolerance.
In this picture Resistor has 4th color.
We know 1st, 2 color represent the resistor value so in color code chart see 1st color value in 1st band and 2nd color value in 2nd band.
- 1st color is orange in 1st band orange color value is 3
Resistor color code find example
- 2nd color is violet in 2nd band violet color value is 7
mean 1st two color (orange and violet) value is 37
- 3rd color is red in 3rd band red color value is 100
we know in resistor 3rd color represent multiplier
so we multiply 1st 2 value (37) with 3rd value (100)
37 x 100 = 3700 ohm
mean this resistor value is 3700 ohm.
- 4th color is Gold we know its represent Torrance or actual value difference.
We can expect 5% plus and less of actual value (3700 ohm) of the resistor.
if we find 5% of 3700 so answer is 185.
185 ohm plus or less in actual value(3700 ohm).
The resistor has 2 sides witch side we start to calculate value?
|Two side of resistor|
And start calculation with left to right.